- Posted by Eleonora Bongiovanni
- On October 28, 2020
- 0 Comments
UNINOVA team members are the organisers of the Special Session “Applications for Customizable Smartification of Products” during the 17th IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing.
The approach of taking a regular consumer product, such as a chair, a cabinet, or a table, and sensitizing it to extract usage data or to extend its functionalities with recourse to a technological solution, can be called Smartification. The Smartification process needs to take into account the functionalities that respond to the user’s needs, as well as the requirements and constrains of the design and implementations, depending on the possibilities of combinations available between furniture hardware and electronics.
This special session proposes the research into the possibilities that the Smartification process enables, such as options of compatibility, as well as the new applications that can be developed in this area, with the objective to enhance the costumer’s experience, in a “Do-It-Together” co-creation environment.
Title: Applications for Customizable Smartification of Products
- João Sarraipa, UNINOVA – FCT, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (Portugal), email@example.com
- Jorge Calado, UNINOVA – FCT, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (Portugal), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artem Nazarenko, UNINOVA – FCT, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (Portugal), email@example.com
- Raul Poler, CIGIP – UPV, Universitat Politècnica de València (España), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ricardo Gonçalves, UNINOVA – FCT, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (Portugal), email@example.com
Download the call for papers: https://incom2021.org/assets/files/INCOM21_0038_MS.pdf
Draft paper submission: 27th November 2020